In dating, some think that they need to do a “sales job” to convince the other person that they are interesting, attractive and a good catch. Here is some very important dating advice. Dating should not about finding someone who likes you nearly as much as it should be about finding someone who is a good fit for YOU. This involves sharing about yourself but it also means finding out about the other person.
When you are just getting to know someone, it’s flattering to ask them a lot about themselves. Most people love to talk about themselves so don’t pound them with questions but feel free to ask away as you get to know them.
Your main goal at the beginning stage of any relationship is to find out if you have enough in common to explore a friendship with the possibility of deepening the relationship.
Another piece of important dating advice is that you also want to have some idea of whether or not this person is someone that you can trust and with whom you want to spend your valuable time.
Certainly, questions are not the only way to get to know someone. Experiences and activities together can also give you lots of clues. In this article we just want to give you some ideas of things to talk about to start the ball rolling.
Dating Advice Questions
Here are some good “getting to know you” questions.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
2. When you have a wide open day in front of you, what do you like to do … schedule lots of different and interesting things or just leave it open and let it evolve?
3. Tell me about the music that you like and what makes you connect to that style and those
4. What would your friends say is your best quality?
5. Tell me about your job. What do you like most and least about it?
6. What makes you laugh?
7. Tell me about your favorite movie (or book) of all time and what makes you choose that one?
Check back here for more dating advice and questions for couples.
Counseling Relationships Online
Couples Counseling of Louisville