The holidays are upon us. For some, this is an exciting and wonderful time. For others it is dreaded and avoided where ever possible. For everyone, it can be a time of poor habits and self-care which quickly lead to holiday stress.
Too much to do and too many people to care for; or too little to do and too few people in your life can both add up to holiday stress and lead to physical, emotional or mental health problems.
Instructions for the holiday stress test:
To determine your score and see if you are a candidate for stress this holiday season, answer Yes or No to each of these questions.
Give yourself 5 points for each "No" statement on the holiday stress test.
1. I am able to be very realistic about what to expect from myself over the holidays.
2. I anticipate the holidays with genuine pleasure most of the time.
3. I know how to set a budget for holiday gifts and stick with it.
4. Christmas shopping and spending a lot of money on gifts are not the most important part of this season.
5. I am very realistic of what I can expect from others over the holidays.
6. I have a partner to celebrate the holidays with me.
Click here to take the rest of the test.
Counseling Relationships Online
Couples Counseling of Louisville