Here are 7 habits for dating and choosing healthy partners.
1. Go slowly in a new relationship. There is no reason to rush. Enjoy the experience of really getting to know someone. Put off the “Where are we going with this?” discussion for 6 months.
2. Think about your past relationships and learn from them. What did you do right and what you want to do differently?
3. Have a checklist of qualities that are important to you and stick with them. Dating is more about finding someone healthy for you than someone who likes you.
4. Think of dating as a sport rather than an intense search for THE ONE. Relax and have fun.
5. Meet your date’s friends and let some of your friends meet your date. See how he/she acts around friends and assess what you think about your date’s friends.
6. Consider a rule for yourself about sex and intimacy such as not to sleep with someone new for at least a month.
7. And finally, never mistake infatuation for love.
Do you have ideas as well? We would love to hear from you.