* “You shouldn’t have to work at marriage.”
* “Love means never having to say you’re sorry”.
* “Personal happiness is more important than staying in a ‘love-less’ marriage.”
* “Arguing always destroys a relationship. You should never argue in a marriage.”
* “All problems can be solved in a marriage.”
* “Your partner should always ‘get you’. You should be able to finish each other’s sentences. Your partner is your soul-mate.”
Have you heard these myths about love and marriage?
Do you believe any of these myths and worry that something may be missing in your marriage?
If so, you are not alone. Holding on to these myths about love and marriage; however, will make living in a healthy marriage harder than it needs to be and may cause you to turn away from a marriage that could be saved and improved.
Often people have ideas about love and marriage that are unrealistic and then, when their own relationship does not match up to their ideas of what should be, they turn their attention outward, away from the marriage.
In this article, we want to share with you some of the truths and realistic thinking about love and marriage.
Click here to read the rest of the article: Myths About Love and Marriage.
Counseling Relationships Online
Couples Counseling of Louisville